Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Today I wanted to show you the yummy goodness we had for dinner last night. Oh, it wasn't something complicated or fancy. It was actually super easy, which makes it a winner in my book.

We had Chicken and Apple Smoked Sausage Dogs...the Jones version! Here is the cast of characters:




I purchase the Chicken and Apple Smoked Sausages at Sam's. They are Fab.u.lous! The whole family loves them. We don't always eat them as hot dogs...sometimes we eat them as a main meat, with steamed veggies or mashed potatoes on the side. Anyway you fix them, they are great!

I purchased the Scalli Rolls at Wal-Mart. If you notice the bright yellow tag, you will see I bought them off the discount rack. I love to look at their day-old rack...I am always finding something yummy that I can use.



As far as prep-work, I make a few cuts across the top of the sausage before I warm them. Sometimes I use the microwave, and sometimes I grill them on our little indoor "George Foreman" style grill. This summer I picture us grilling them out on the back patio, while the kids play! (If you forget to pierce the sausages, be prepared for them to bust open while you cook them.)




I slice the Scalli Rolls lengthwise, to make them function as a hot dog bun. They sure look fancy, right?



Then, simply assemble your sausages, buns, and any condiments your family likes, and voila! Yummy, easy dinner.






Condiment options include: Mustard, ketchup, pickle relish, cheese, sauerkraut...really anything!

My family loves the Chicken and Apple Sausages so much that I typically keep some on-hand in the freezer. They are a great last-minute meal that everyone can enjoy!


Cookin' Up With the Joneses...it's not as hard as you think!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of or noticed these chicken apple wonders. I look forward to trying them out.

    ReplyDelete