I know it seems like forever since I last posted here, and honestly, it has been WAY. TOO. LONG! I apologize for my absence, but teaching and writing lesson plans and prepping for my classes consumed much of my free time. Now that school is out, I am hopeful I can find a balanced schedule for posting some fun foods we will enjoy this summer. Until I figure out what that balanced schedule will look like, I appreciate your patience...and I will try to put some posts up in the mean time.
So what's for lunch today? Nothing fancy, yet more fun that a PB&J! I took Natural Baked Turkey lunch meat and sliced cheeses (cheddar and swiss) and wrapped them up like a roll-up. The kids love these because I always put a toothpick in the center to hold it together. They had blackberries and pretzel sticks to go along with their roll-ups. Dessert was super special...I buy the squeeze tubes of all natural yogurt, and freeze them! They make super yummy treats, and I don't feel guilty like I would if I were handing over the ice cream every day :)
As for myself, I put a little spin on lunch. My spin probably doesn't qualify as a HEALTHY spin, but I like it nonetheless. I take the Natural Turkey Breast lunch meat and spread a super thin layer of pimento cheese onto it. Then I wrap it around a baby dill pickle...YUMMO! Fun to eat, and not full of carbs! Some blueberries on the side make for a delicious lunch.
So that's what we had today! What about you? Any fun recipes you've been enjoying this summer? Do share!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment